This is the cookie notice for www.sseutilitysolutions.com. It applies to information collected and used by SSE Enterprise Utilities, which is a trading name of SSE Enterprise which are members of the SSE Group. When we refer to ‘SSE’, ‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’, we mean any of those SSE entities, as appropriate. This information is collected through instruments known as cookies and various other technologies, collectively referred to in this Cookie Notice as ‘cookies’.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files transferred and stored by your web browser to your computer or mobile device when you visit or use a website. Cookies allow websites to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
Cookies can be considered as ‘first party’ or ‘third party’ cookies depending on the domain that places them. First party cookies are cookies set by a website visited by the user (for example, cookies placed by SSE Airtricity for www.sseairtricity.com). Third party cookies are set by a domain other than that of the website visited by the user, so if a user visits a website and a third-party organisation sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Cookies can also be considered as ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies depending on their duration. Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for the time specified in those cookies. They are activated every time that user visits the website that created the cookies, until the cookies expire or are disabled by the user. Session cookies allow the actions of a user to be linked during a single browsing session. A session starts when a user opens a browser window and ends when the browser window is closed, following which all session cookies are deleted.
- Make our website as easy and intuitive as possible for you to use
- Monitor and analyse website usage and performance so we can measure the effectiveness of our website and improve it (including security)
- Remember choices you make when visiting our website and recognise you when you return so you don’t have to remind us
- Remember certain information about your browsing activity on our website, such as the web pages you have viewed and your preferences. This information can then be used to personalise and improve the way you interact with our website (for example, displaying content we think might be relevant to you based on your previous activity) and inform you of special offers and promotions tailored to your interests (where you have consented to receiving marketing communications from us).
The cookies used on our website can be broken down into four categories:
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies some or all of these services may not function properly.
If you wish to change your cookie settings generally, you can delete cookies stored on your computer or change your privacy settings at any time via your browser settings.
- Internet Explorer
- .ga – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- .gad – Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate
- .gid – Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- p.gif – Keeps track of special fonts used on the website for internal analysis. The cookie does not register any
- webfontscached – Unclassified
Who should I contact with a question or a complaint?
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, you may do so using the following details:
This Notice was last updated in September 2020.