SSE Group’s vision is to be a leading energy company in a low-carbon world. Its purpose is to provide the energy needed today whilst building a better world of energy for tomorrow. And its strategy is to create value for shareholders and society from developing, operating and owning energy and related infrastructure in a sustainable way.
5 Distributed Energy Goals to Support SSE’s 2030 Sustainability Goals
1. Help get 10m EVs on GB roads by 2030 by providing the infrastructure needed for fleet, taxis and buses by working with partners and local authorities across UK & Ireland.
2. Help make smart cities and places a reality across the UK & Ireland by 2030
3. Help the UK Government meets its objectives to decarbonise heat and power, and improve air quality, by building new heat networks sites and renewable power
4. Help communities access cleaner, lower cost energy and smart services by investing in local energy schemes to help boost local economies and jobs
5. Help promote diversity across the workplace as well as help champion the real Living Wage to all employees and our supply chain.
This short statement reports the progress SSE has made in the first six months of the financial year 2019/20 against its 2030 Goals (see below) which are aligned to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 13, 7, 9 and 8, and its most material sustainability impacts.
Cut our carbon intensity by 50%
Treble renewable energy output
Help accommodate 10m electric vehicles
Champion Fair Tax and a real Living Wage
Underpinning SSE’s sustainability approach is its uncompromising commitment to ‘do no harm’ to people, places and planet by focusing on health and safety, protecting human rights and protecting, restoring and enhancing the natural environment.